Leh Ladakh Holidays
Leh Ladakh Holidays Information
Leh city known for Land of monasteries and Gompas where you can visit many famous monasteries like Shey Palace, Thiksey monastery, Hemis monastery, Chemrey gompa, Diskit monastery in Nubra valley, Leh Palace, Stok palace etc.
How to reach Leh Ladakh by road or by Flight
- We suggest to reach Delhi by flight or train and evening board the volvo to Manali which is approx 550 Km from Delhi and overnight journey. Next day start journey to Leh Ladakh from Manali approx 475 Km by taking enroute night stay at Jispa or Sarchu which takes minimum two days to reach Leh from Manali.
- Another way to reach Leh Ladakh from Srinagar via Kargil taking as night stop here and distance approx 435 Kms from Srinagar to Leh via Zojila Pass. This journey also completed in two days.
Best Places to visit in Leh Ladakh Holidays
Leh Ladakh Tour Itinerary
We would like to suggest some Leh Ladakh Tour Program in which you can cover major sightseeing of Leh Ladakh Holidays region. Please find the below tour program link with our own regular marketed hotels for reference:-
Leh Ladakh Hotels
Best Time to visit Leh Ladakh Holidays
Naropa Festival takes places every 12 years in the Tibetan calendar to celebrate the life of Buddhist philosopher and scholar Naropa.
- April : 3 – 10 Degree Celsius
- May to June : In between 7 to 15 Degree Celsius
- July to August : In between 15 to 25 Degree Celsius
- September : 15 – 20 Degree Celsius
- Oct to Dec : 10 degree to – Minus 15 Degree Celsius
- Dec to March : Minus 35 to 0(Zero) Degree Celsius
- Very less rain is expected in this region as this is a rain shadow area but in last few years it’s raining and sometime heavily raining during the monsoon – July and August.
Transportation in Ladakh
- Leh Ladakh is a restricted area which has its own Taxi association and other state vehicles are not allowed to make any commercial practice in this region. Guest can drive own / private car to enjoy Leh Ladakh Holidays but not for any commercial purpose. In Ladakh transportation prices are based on sector wise which are pre-defined by union. All commercial vehicles must to take the permission from the Local Taxi Association before moving to a particular section / sector in Ladakh. Toyota Innova / Scorpio / Tavera Car/ Tata Arya / Maxi Cab – 10 seater / Tempo Traveler are the major vehicle use in Leh Ladakh Holidays for tourist purpose.
- In certain area you need to have Inner Line Travel permit to visits Like Nubra Valley / Pangong Lake / Tso Moriri Lake and others which can be arranged in Leh itself. All clients are requested to carry their valid Photo ID while traveling to any places of Leh Ladakh Holidays region.
- Khardungla pass always close on every monday for the maintenance purposes, so avoid journey on this day.
Tips and Instruction before traveling to Leh Ladakh
- Acclimatize your body before starting of Leh Ladakh Holidays completely to the high altitude in order to prevent acute altitude sickness. if you come by Flight to safe from High Altitude sickness better to rest first day of arrival in Leh.
- Use of Sunscreen , full sleeves clothes we are recommending as the sun rays are so intense and always wear a good pair of sports shoes.
- Avoid alcohol and smoking
- Drink lot of water in order to prevent the altitude sickness
- If you feel light-headache, nausea, breathlessness and headache contact a Physician
- Your Driver / Hotel personal / Local Guides and Trekker team always expect a tip at the end of services and depends on your overall program and duration.
This is advisable during Leh Ladakh Holidays must have your postpaid connections in Ladakh. Prepaid connections may not work. Airtel / BSNL /Jio are common network at the moment use this network always in Leh Ladakh Holidays.